The base foundation of a body is the feet, and taking care of this foundation is a must. Basic hygiene is required not only for the hands, hair, and skin but also for the feet. Generally, doctors would say that people need to practice right and proper foot care daily to avoid unnecessary infections and allergies.
The foundation of mobility requires attention and care; otherwise, it could affect every work that has to be performed. Walking, daily chores, getting engaged in recreational activities, and much more will have to be compromised.
Daily foot care tips
The way people maintain oral hygiene daily, it is advised to practice good foot care. The primary care could be accomplished at one’s own house by following the below mentioned simple steps.
- Wash and dry the feet properly every day
- Better to use mild soap and wash between the toes
- Check daily for any cuts, sores or wounds, swelling, and infections
- Use body lotion, moisturizer, creams or petroleum jelly and use it between the toes as well
- Clean the shoes inside and outside and avoid wearing tight-fitting shoes
- Better to rotate the shoes so that the shoe will get dry and free out sweat and smell
- Use clean socks, make sure to clean the used socks, and dry it properly
- Trim toenails straight across and not on a curve, file down the sharp edges too
- Use clean nail clippers
- Seek medical attention immediately for discoloured nails
- Do not apply nail polish on discoloured nails
- Avoid using flip-flops and flats as it does not provide enough arch support.
It is recommended that everyone take good care of their feet. However, there are certain groups of people who should give extra concern about their feet because they would have high chances of developing foot problems. The group would include the elderly, diabetics, children, and athletes.
For further details and information, visit Madurai Foot Care Centre, where doctors would assist everyone with all the essential requirements.
Visit Us: footspecialistindia.com
Blog Reviewed By: Dr.G.Saravanakumar
Mail Us @ email@example.com
Book an appointemnt:footspecialistindia.com/book-an-appointment.php